Sunday, February 26, 2012

Home Invaders

I had quite the weekend.  I had decided to go home with my boyfriend and see his family and newly redone house.  Friday and Saturday morning were pretty average but it was all soon to change.

After lunch, Aaron and I went over to his house.  He wanted to set up the laundry machines and I wanted to clean up after him.  Of course I decided to test drive the sofa and was sitting on there when I heard Aaron come up the stairs and cause a ruckus.  Strange.  I go into the kitchen where he is filling up buckets of water to pour over an unexpected guest.  Turns out the clog in the drain was really not one but two garter snakes.  Eek!

To keep them from running from the rubbing alcohol poured down over them and up through the floor drain, I put two bricks over the grate so they couldn't push it up and stick around.  After the laundry was going, we were standing back looking over the basement.  Near the roller skate next to the drain grate was a piece of black rubber...made of bones, guts, and nasty skin.  That was a snake and I made sure to scream and hide behind my Abraham Lincoln-sized man.  He proceeded to pull a shovel out of nowhere and repeatedly stab the beast.  I thought it was long gone, he didn't and went back to stab it a few more times.  Then I went into the living room upstairs so I did not have to look at it as it was drug to the pasture.

I guess we all have fears, even six foot six young men.

Peace

Julia

No comments:

Post a Comment