Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Spreading the Word

Hello everyone!  Several years ago, I gave my first speech at a county 4-H council meeting.  Last Thursday I gave my first college speech, more nervous than ever.  I have survived 4-H public speaking, countless high school speech meets, numerous winery tours, and even a few emcee events.

Now Thursday was nerve-wrecking to me but it all ironed out as soon as I walked into the dining hall.  Spicy chicken and tater tots were on the menu.  Two and a half years ago I had this very meal just before delivering my 1st place technology-assisted speech at the Missouri State 4-H Public Speaking Contest.  That was the moment I knew I would do well.

I admit that my introduction was a little shaky, but I have never given a speech that is perfect.

Enjoy!

Julia

No comments:

Post a Comment