Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Spring Break Trip to Home

This week while many of my friends are in Florida and the Carolinas, I am at home.  Not stuck at home, might I clarify.

Yesterday was filled with laundry and mowing the grass.  I had never used the new lawn mower before and since it was the only one with the deck attached, I had no choice.  It was quite the experience.  I had an extra foot of deck space, making it a faster job and a booger to navigate in some places.

After I finished the front yard, it was time to mow between the pasture and the highway.  As I was mowing along the ditch, the mower came to a stop.  No amount of turning, backing up or anything would get me unstuck.  So I called Dad to bring it to his attention for when he came home.

The ground is also extremely wet at the moment.  I would try to go up a hill, get stuck, back up, get stuck again, back up, get stuck once more, and decided that patch of grass can wait and took a little detour around the problem area.

Now there is a little blonde in me and as I am very prone to allergies, I was a little crazy to mow yesterday when the pollen was as high as it would be all week.  Today I am enjoying the allergy meds, tylenol, and a nap to overcome the monstrous pollen count.

Thursday I get to make a trip to Sedalia to interview for an internship with the Missouri State Fair.  I also get to pick up my nephew in Jeff City afterwards to make it all the more worthwhile.  Wish me luck!

Until later,

Julia

No comments:

Post a Comment