Friday, April 20, 2012

Never Leave Your Past Behind

The past two days between work and classes, I have been at the Hearnes Center for the 84th Missouri FFA Convention.  I attended the Convention all four years of high school.  I have stepped on that stage before thousands to be recognized as a Missouri Agribusiness Academy Delegate in 2009, Competed in Floriculture and Agricultural Sales Career Development Events, and received my State FFA Degree.  This year, I stood on the other side of everything, assisting with the state Poultry Contest CDE. 

Over the past two days, I have heard the dreams of young minds and the excitement of winning.  There is something that happens while you wear that blue jacket.  You discover a potential that is beyond your dreams. 

Now I know that sometimes 4-H and FFA can seem like opposing forces and I often say that without 4-H, I would not be who I am today.  You see, though, life is a brownie.  4-H is the flour, the stuff that makes a brownie a brownie.  If I didn't have the eggs from FFA, all I would be stuck with is chocolatey flour.  The two have gone hand-in-hand in making me into a responsible young leader.

On another note, I am very proud and happy for my hometown's FFA Chapter for receiving 3rd place at the Floriculture contest yesterday.  Back when I competed, we achieved 4th place, just shy of going on stage.  I congratulate all who have competed throughout the contest season.

Best Wishes,
Julia

No comments:

Post a Comment